Wednesday, March 30, 2005

The First Step is Admitting

HI, everyone, my name is Robin and I have a few things to admit. These are things I have been needing to admit to myself for a while but haven't. So here goes...

Let's start with the hardest one. Despite my best efforts to control the spread, the invasion is over taking me. It is fact, I have been dreading and expecting it since I was 20. I still remember that faithful day when I found the first one, I called my mom from college just to tell her. She was not as amused as I was. The annoying invasion has now firmly rooted itself and is fueled by the two boys in my life. It is the dreaded invasion of...............GRAY HAIRS. (Gasp!) Okay, I know, there are much worse things in life, but, damn it, I'm not ready. I see them, they poke out at odd moments. I've tried plucking. I've tried coloring. Alas, they win in the end. Don't believe the 'covers your gray' advertising on the do it yourself boxes. And with the plucking, I can't see the back of my head and I know they are hiding there. I used to be able to see them before I cut off all my hair. So it wasn't actually ALL of it, but a lot. I miss it. Wrapping it up in a bun, French twists, handle bars, all that fun girl hair stuff. Now I can barely get it into a ponytail. But when I do get some of it into one, out pops the little white hairs. They stick up from my scalp. So there I am, three fourths of my hair in a pony tail, bottom half a dark brown, top half black brown and studded by little white hairs.

Another item I must admit to, these, my comfy black pants (Thanks, Sis) cannot be worn by me any more. I've tried, I have resorted to only wearing them in the house. To wear them out, or forbid, to work, would only cause a never ending scene of embarrassment. Here is the problem, they no longer fit properly. Now don't get upset at me here, they no long fit because they are much to big. I wear them and if I am not vigilant they fall off my butt, often taking my underwear with them. I don't feel like being known as the supermarket flasher of the valley. Yes, I know your asking, "Why is this nut complaining cause her pants are to big?" I love these pants. When I was first given them they fit nicely, even went so far as to make my rear look a little smaller. They had a nice cut and were easy to wear and went with most every top in my closet (or floor, as they case usually is) Therefore, can you understand why I wouldn't want to give up on them? So with a jubilant heart and a slightly healthier me, I must retire the happy butt pants.

Finally, I would like to announce to myself and the one random person who may happen to read my lonely space on the web, I am no longer a recovered caffeine addict. I have fallen off the wagon. You know, it started with a cup in the morning cause the baby kept me up late or woke me up early and I need to be semi-coherent to work around fire. Then it was a cup before work and one on the way to work. Then I started needing it mornings of my days off. Now I am a full fledged pot a day coffee drinker. Hehe, maybe it is all the caffeine that is helping me to lose weight. Doubt it, this a usual spring occurrence.

So there it is. Things I have not been able to admit to myself. Now they are out there for people to know. The first step is admitting.

No comments: